What I've learned while researching environmentally friendly efforts
- Biodegradeable plastics biodegrade in 1-5 years; if they are properly managed in a landfill.
- Millions of dollars can be saved by applying the correct lighting technologies.
- Just because something is produced organically does not mean it was produced sustainably.
- If we are buying less expensive goods for China, we are paying for those goods with the effects to the environment that jet fuel releases.
- Approximately $300 million is spent on women’s bath gift sets in the US, which means that a ton of plastic is dumped in landfills, none of it biodegradeable.